Connect a computer via a network and use internet explorer to configure your camera. Please note, there is only basic configuration though the NVR. For new installations it may be best to take a laptop with preloaded software to save time.
We recommend you use Internet Explorer. Please make sure pop up blocker is not on because you will be prompted to install NetActiveX before viewing the IP camera. Refresh the page to ensure the prompt on the top left had side is no longer requesting that you download NetActiveX.
The default IP address for IVSEC security cameras is 192.168.1.188. The default address of the IVSEC network video recorders is generally 192.168.1.177. Etrovision default IP address is 192.168.1.2 and the user name is "root" and the password is "pass". The DIGIEVER default IP address is 192.168.1.245 and the user name and the password is "admin".
Step 1: Use the mouse to right click on the screen to bring up the quick menu:
Step 2: To playback your recorded footage, select "Playback" from the quick menu.
Step 3: Choose the camera you would like to playback via the tick box on the top left hand side. Notice the timeline of recorded footage at the bottom of the screen. Choose the time you are interested in by clicking on the timeline.
Play : Play the current selected camera
Stop Button : Stop the current playback
Slow Button ：Slow down the playback speed (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 times optional）
Fast Forward Button ：Fast forward the playback process (2, 4, 8, 16 times optional）
Frame Play Button : Play back footage frame by frame
Snapshot Button : Can be a still image form any camera selected
Backup Button ：Make video backup for any camera
Full Screen Button : View the footage in full screen
Volume Button ：Adjust the volume of the playback audio
Step 4: Double-click channel bar or click "Play" button to play the backup video. Double-click single channel screen to watch the full screen display.
Step 5: To export and back-up footage, attach a USB memory stick to a free USD port. Select "Backu"in the main menu.
Channel: Select relevant camera in the drop-down list
From: Select a start time for video backup
To: Select an end time for video backup
Generally select the AVI file type
Click" Start" to make corresponding channel video backup, this may take some time.
1. Ensure the power is connected and the power LED is on 2. Check that the product is connected to the network 3. Make sure that the product has the latest firmware version installed 4. Download and review the user manual 5. Review the FAQ section 6. Save your current profile configuration then restore to factory settings 7. Please contact your installer
You can increase the amount of video history the system can store by performing any of the following which are listed in order of importance:
1. IVSEC has an E-Stata storage drive that supports additional 8 STATA hard drives. 2. Use motion activated recording only 3. Reduce the number of frames per second each camera is recording 4. Reduce the recording resolution
DHCP allows devices to join an IP-based network without having pre-configured IP addresses. DHCP is a protocol that assigns unique IP addresses to devices, then releases and renews these addresses as devices leave and re-join the network. IVSEC NVRs and IP cameras are shipped with a static IP address 192.168.1.888 then DHCP can easily be enabled.
Port forwarding is the process that a router or firewall uses to sort the right kind of network data to the right port. Computers and routers use ports as a way to organise network data. Different types of data, such as web sites, file downloads, and online games, are each assigned a port number. The router or firewall uses forwarding to send the correct data to the correct place.
A firewall protects a computer by blocking unauthorized information, but if a firewall blocks all incoming and outgoing data, the computer would be unable to access the Internet. When a computer user wants some data to go through the firewall and to send it to a specific location, then port forwarding can be set up. This gives the firewall instructions about which types of data are allowed and how they should be directed.
Below is a diagram of the port forwarding process:
1. When you use the mouse to right click on the initial screen where the cameras show the live view, a menu option will appear. As seen below.
2. On the menu click on “Record” and ensure the cameras is set to “Schedule”.
3. Click on the “Settings” button to navigate to the main settings menu. Then select the “Channel” tab on the top. As seen below.
4. Select the “Schedule Record” tab on the left hand site. Then ensure the “Enable Recording” is ticked and the “All Day Recording” Using the drop down bar beside the “All Day Recording” box and select “Motion”.
5. Then click on the “Motion” tab on the left hand side. Tick the “Enable Motion Detection” button.
6. Click on the “Area settings” button to bring up the areas of footage you would like to record if there is any movement.
7. Set the “Sensitivity” level on the siding bar. If this is too low the cameras will not record.
The default user name is admin and there is no password for IVSEC IP security products. Please remember to change the default password for security reasons and do not lose the admin password as you may not be able to revert to factory settings without it.